June 18, 2020
COVID-19 Business Insurance Claims Strategies – Methods for Successful Recovery
One Hour Can Make Up for Months of Lost Revenue
• Interpreting business insurance policies to determine if you are covered for Covid-19 disruption/interruption losses
• Understanding the complexity and fluidity of outside influences such as third-party (tenant, vendor, etc.) actions or government/regulatory which directives may result in a positive business interruption claim outcome
• A forewarning about insurance companies immediate move to deny, deny and deny again while forearming policyholders with strategies to contend with the chess match between the themselves and the insurer
• Understanding the claims process, what documentation and evidence needs to be provided and in what form
• Determining the appropriate resources to serve as expert advocates in your cause and options for retaining whom and when
Breaking Through the Disruption Webinar Series
For More Upcoming Webinars
Neal J. Novak
Regional Vice President, Sill Company, LLC
Neal J. Novak is a Regional Vice President of the Alex Sill Company, LLC., the nation’s leading firm public insurance claims adjusters. Mr. Novak has more than 35 years of insurance industry expertise, including the past 16 years serving Sill clients in their efforts to obtain the maximum recovery for commercial property damage and Business Interruption (BI) claims. He is a licensed as a public insurance adjuster in 15 jurisdictions in the United States and Canada. In 1992, he was awarded the industry’s highest designation of Senior Professional Public Adjuster (SPPA) from the National Association of Public Insurance Adjusters (NAPIA). Neal has addressed a wide variety of trade groups on insurance claim matters including the unique challenges of BI claims.
Mindy Gronbeck, CPM®, CSM, CSX
Director of Property Management, Hawkins Companies, AMO®
Mindy Gronbeck, CPM®, CSM, CSX, serves on the IREM (Institute of Real Estate Management) executive committee. Gronbeck serves as director of property management for Hawkins Companies, a commercial real estate development company. Hawkins Companies is a full-service real estate firm specializing in shopping center development and management and headquartered in Boise, ID. Hawkins Companies is an AMO (Accredited Management Organization) and employs all in-house staff that handles the asset management, construction management, leasing, accounting and finance needs for the properties they currently own. Hawkins Companies has developed over 10 million square feet in 26 states during the 41 years that it has been in business. Gronbeck currently oversees a staff of nine that manages 4.2 million square feet of retail, charter school, and office space in 22 states.
Brian Lozell, CPM®
Director, Corporate Business Development, IREM
Brian Lozell, CPM® is the Director of Corporate Business Development for the Institute of Real Estate Management. Prior to joining the Headquarters Staff at IREM®, Brian was engaged in the field of property management for nearly 25 years with a concentration on managing condominiums, co-operatives and homeowner’s associations. He is licensed in the states of Illinois and Florida. Brian obtained his CPM® designation in 2012 and has been actively involved with IREM® at the chapter level and national level for more than 10 years. He was President of the IREM® Chicago Chapter in 2016 and has served at the national level on the Student & Academic Outreach Advisory Board, the Legislative and Public Policy Committee and the Ethics Committee. Additionally, he is a former Chairman of the Ethics Appeal Board. As an IREM® Instructor and an Ethics Facilitator, Brian understands and appreciates the value of his CPM® designation and the importance of ethics in all aspects of his professional life.