Guest post by Ostendorf-Morris Company
A vision of Cleveland’s downtown growth and redevelopment sparked an idea, that of one firm specializing in various disciplines within the real estate field – brokerage, property management, financial services and appraisal.
In 1939, together Edgar L. Ostendorf and Warren L. Morris formed the Ostendorf-Morris Company (OM) to meet these needs.
Years of professional expertise, shared beliefs and ideals shaped the company’s core values and objectives. By 1957 OM had become a leading full-service real estate firm, with a high-caliber of real estate professionals tackling the cyclical nature of real estate by provided a one-stop-shop for a full range of services.
Since 1939, Ostendorf-Morris’ expertise in the areas of industrial brokerage, office brokerage, property management, financial services, and development has helped clients solve their real estate problems. In 1988 the Corporate Services group was formed to provide global transaction management and consulting to Fortune 1000 and middle market clients.
Over the years, OM brokers facilitated countless transactions and formed multiple partnerships. Some stand out more than others: management and exclusive leasing of the 406,000-square-foot Illuminating Building (1957); 683,000 square feet of 100 Erieview Bldg.(1964); land assembly for Gateway Sports and Entertainment Complex, current home to the Cavaliers and Indians sports teams (1980s); The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company sale and leaseback redevelopment of 639,000 square feet (2008); and the recent joint venture with Corpus Sireo, Germany’s largest asset management company with $20 billion under management (2012).
Today Ostendorf-Morris is proud to remain the largest full-service independent brokerage firm in Ohio. Our services continue to evolve and change with the times as the world becomes more technologically advanced and global.