Wishard Health Services and developer Duke Realty held a “topping out” ceremony July 31 for a new faculty office building in downtown Indianapolis. The topping out celebrated a major point in the construction timetable when the final piece of the structural frame was placed on the building, which will be part of the planned 37-acre, $754 million Eskenazi Health campus.
The five-story, 274,000-square-foot Fifth Third faculty office building, located at 1330 W. Michigan St., will house support functions for the hospital. This includes office space for administrative staff and Indiana University School of Medicine faculty physicians who will practice at the campus, as well as work space for research and various academic support programs. In addition, the building will house a Fifth Third Bank financial center, the first full-service financial center of its kind on the Eskenazi Health campus.
Along with an 11-story hospital tower and a planned ambulatory care building, the new building will enable Eskenazi Health’s physicians and staff to be consolidated on one modern campus. Currently, physician offices are located in multiple older buildings throughout Indianapolis. The Fifth Third faculty office building will be jointly owned by Duke Realty and Health and Hospital Corporation of Marion County, which operates the Wishard system.
“This ceremony commemorates our having reached a significant milestone in the journey to opening our new Eskenazi Health campus,” says Dr. Lisa Harris, chief executive officer and medical director of Wishard Health Services. “We are pleased that our creative public-private partnership with Duke Realty will result in a faculty office building that is connected to our newly built hospital, providing enhanced collaboration, efficiency and convenience for physicians and staff.”