The final preparations are being made by the event planners for the 10th Annual Commercial Real Estate Forecast Event produced by Illinois Real Estate Journal and the Real Estate Publishing Group.
Following an hour plus for registration and networking, the Jan. 24 forecast event will kick off at 8:10 a.m. with a fireside chat between Chicago real estate legend Sam Zell, chairman of Equity Group Investments, and Debra Cafaro, chief executive officer of Ventas Inc.
During a 45-minute discussion, Zell and Cafaro are expected to cover a broad range of topics, from how the general economic, capital markets and political climates impact real estate to markets and property types Zell believes are emerging and/or returning.
“Sam Zell is one of the most colorful and sought after speakers who provides great insights into the world of commercial real estate,” said Michael Millar, the event organizer from Real Estate Communications Group. “We look forward to his perspective on the issues that will be most impactful in 2012 and beyond.”
The Annual Forecast Event is being held at the Marriott Chicago Downtown, 540 N. Michigan Ave. Registration is $99, $129 at the door, and can be completed online at www.rejournals.com/conferences or over the phone at 312-644-2804.
Among those who will be adding their perspectives in general session panels covering the state of the market, legal issues impacting real estate and financing and investing strategies include:
- Len Caldeira, Jones Lang LaSalle
- Tom D’Arcy, Hines
- Steve Schnur, Duke Realty
- Drew Nieman, Colliers
- Don Schoenheider, Liberty Property Trust
- Michael Flynn, NAI
- Janet Johnson, Schiff Hardin
- Marcia Owens, Edwards Wildman Palmer LLP
- Paul Fisher, McGuire Woods
- Mike Kurtzon, Dykema
- Mark Berkoff, Neil, Gerber & Eisenberg
- Steven Elrod, Holland & Knight
- Susanne Cannon, The Real Estate Center at DePaul University
- Laura Auwerda, PNC Real Estate
- Aaron Lanski, BMO Harris Bank
- John Gavin, Sterling Bay Companies
- Collete English Dixon, Prudential Real Estate Investors
Following the fireside chat and three general session panels, attendees will have the opportunity to participate in breakout sessions focused on market specialization. Breakouts are being held on the suburban and downtown office, industrial, investment, retail and multi-family markets. In total there will be nearly 50 industry professionals taking part as speakers or moderators of the sessions.