The Riverbend Hotel, the first new hotel development in nearly a century in Ashtabula City, Ohio, will host a ceremonial ground-breaking June 26. The event will take place at the future hotel site at 533 Goodwill Drive, on the corner of West 6th Street and Goodwill Drive, just off historic Bridge Street/5th Street.
Construction will begin in July and the hotel will open to guests in the spring of 2020. Riverbend Hotel is expected to create more than 60 construction and full-time jobs.
Hotel founder Todd Canter, an Ashtabula native and Baltimore resident, will unveil details about the new property and offer an exclusive first-look at Ohio’s new upscale boutique hotel brand:
• A complete overview of hotel offerings and amenities
• Architectural renderings of the exterior that beautifully capture its appeal
• Never-before-seen visuals of the interior design – a celebration of the area’s rich history and a post-industrial vibe fused with modern styling, comfort and world-class luxury
• A sneak peek at the design concept and amenities for what will no doubt become a coveted rooftop destination for the region – the only gathering venue of its kind with views of the Ashtabula River, its historic bascule lift bridge and a panorama of Lake Erie
• Meet hotel ownership, Ashtabula’s City Manager, the hotel architect and the hotel designer
Canter will be joined by Jim Timonere, Ashtabula City Manager and co-owners Larry Laurello of Laurello Vineyards and Delta Railroad; Pete Huggins of Iten Industries; and, Chuck Borsukoff of JCI Contractors.