WisconsinRetail H.J. Martin buys former Shopko store in Green Bay March 7, 2020 Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on LinkedIn Share via email H.J. Martin and Son, a Green Bay, Wisconsin-based specialty contractor since 1931, has purchased the original Shopko store property from Shopko West Associates. Shopko operated for 57 years at the location, 216 S. Military Ave. in Green Bay, until closing in April 2019. Adjacent to the site of the headquarters and showroom of H.J. Martin and Son, which the company has been at since 1959, the L-shaped property contains 8.362 acres. The site includes 523 linear feet along the west side of Military Avenue and is bordered to the southwest by 605 linear feet along the GB and W Railroad right-of-way. On the property sits the vacant, single-story former Shopko store, measuring 125,468 square feet, and a stand-alone retail store, Superior Discount Liquors, which measures 7,952 square feet. Combined, the two structures cover roughly one-half of the site area. The Military Avenue Business District was created by the City of Green Bay in 2014 to oversee economic development projects, including business recruitment and retention, on the city’s near west side. H.J. Martin and Son previously worked with it and the city to redevelop the prominent northwest corner of Military Avenue and Mason Street in 2014. A shuttered Cub Foods location was turned into Michaels arts & crafts and off-price retailer Burlington.