One of the first new hotels in Clayton, Missouri, will begin rising from the ground this spring. Midas Construction has begun work on the $47 million Residence Inn by Marriott, a 12-story, 170-room upscale extended stay hotel.
The project is being developed by Midas Hospitality and is slated to open in 2022.
Located at 8125 Forsyth Blvd., the 155,379-square-foot new hotel will feature:
• Commanding views of Shaw Park and a street-level bar with indoor and outdoor seating that connects to the park and business district;
• 3,300-square feet of second level meeting space with an outdoor terrace and bar;
• Studio Suites with oversized windows to bathe the interior in light, fully equipped kitchens and luxury finishes throughout;
• 1,500-square foot fitness center;
• Complimentary breakfast and evening social events; and
• Guest laundry among other amenities.
Midas will be using off-site prefabrication of plumbing and electrical components to facilitate installations on the tight site.
Joining Midas Construction on the project are CECO Concrete Construction, Inc., design/build concrete contractor, and SSC Engineering, structural engineer, both of which have partnered to develop a cast-in-place concrete structure plan. Design/build site work contractor Castle Contracting, LLC. Is also part of the team.