2020 Industrial Real Estate Market Overview
• Market trends: vacancy rates, absorption, rental rates and new construction activity
• Discussion of tenant needs and how landlords are adapting their properties
• Conversion of zombie retail to Industrial
• Evolving last mile capabilities in Minnesota
• Technology and emerging robotics impact on industrial real estate
• Which sub-markets are seeing the most expansion, which are struggling?
• Effect of legalization of marijuana in other markets, is MN next? How to prepare
• Will on-shoring of manufacturing facilities impact Minnesota real estate in any way?
Working with Local Government to Build Lasting Product
• Which industrial parks are attracting the most attention? what is the current product mix
• What tools or strategies has your community identified as game changing economic development tools?
• Success in moving controversial projects forward in the face of local opposition
• Shovel Ready Site Certification
• Funding Strategies
• Redevelopment and New Development
• Timing the Development Process
• Alternative Development Funding Partnerships
The State of Industrial Development
• Rising construction costs and the effect on development, rents and ability to sign leases
• How to anticipate and meet emerging tenant needs
• Controlling and owning land (past to present nuances, cashing in on owned land)
• Financing development: acquisition, site improvements, infrastructure, lending requirements
• The market for spec and built-to suit
• Redevelopment opportunities for last mile facilities
Capital Markets and Investment Climate
• Update on recent sale transactions, cap rates and the investment market
• Exit Strategies
• Impact of low interest rates
• Will the emergence of large portfolio owners change the landscape?
• Is “old” product becoming attractive to buyers as it is in some markets?
We are always looking for speakers who represent diverse populations.
Please help us out by volunteering to speak or introduce us to anyone who you think would be a good fit.
Send to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com