In celebration of its founding 80 years ago, the city of Twin Oaks, Missouri, is getting a town square in the form of a $59 million mixed-use luxury apartment community that connects its residents to the municipality and its amenities.
The Village of Twin Oaks multifamily development debuted in November of 2018 with the opening of the first 90 units. The five-story, 219-unit mixed-used apartment complex was developed by Propper Construction Services. It occupies the site of an old Schnucks Market at Big Bend and Highway 141 and features a walkable community with a restaurant and retail space, views of West St. Louis County and numerous amenities. The first 90 units are open for lease with the remaining 129 units available beginning December 2018.
The mixed-use apartment community includes a yet-to-be-named upscale restaurant and retail with easily walkable access to adjacent retail and restaurants at Big Bend Square, Twin Oaks’ first retail center now celebrating its 40th anniversary, and other venues.
The Village of Twin Oaks features 29 different floor plans in one-, two- and three-bedroom units, some with balconies, and includes furnished and unfurnished units. The space features open floor plans with upscale finishes in a variety of layouts for every lifestyle need. Units feature living rooms, kitchens with slate appliances and quartz countertops, dining areas and space for full size washer and dryers.
The luxury apartment complex features a number of amenities, including:
• A rooftop swimming pool and spa including a sun deck with views of the surrounding area. The rooftop space also includes a resident lounge for entertaining with a kitchen and big-screen televisions.
• A fourth-floor fitness center with exercise equipment, free weights and a yoga studio. Fitness, nutrition and yoga classes will be offered.
• A planned ground-floor upscale restaurant and retail with easily walkable access to adjacent retail and restaurants at Big Bend Square and other venues.
• An expansive ground floor lobby for entertaining guests that includes a water fountain wall and decorative granite fireplace both synchronized with color.The lobby includes a kitchen area and a cyber café with a specialty coffee bar
• An outside ground floor patio area with a fire pit amid ample green space throughout the landscaped complex
• A business center and 24-hour maintenance services.
The Village of Twin Oaks also offers a number technology conveniences, including a “social wall” above resident mail boxes with four video screens detailing information to connect residents with town square community activities and other neighborhood events and provide helpful information on lifestyle needs.
Building technology also includes WIFI access in all common areas, tablet-activated television and more. The building features a monitored state-of-the-art security system with secured control access entries throughout and security cameras.
Zwick and Gandt Architecture, Inc. designed the apartment complex. Holland Construction Services was the general contractor.