JLL Capital Markets announced today that it has closed the sale of an 18-property medical office portfolio totaling 762,780 square feet in Texas and Kansas. The properties are directly aligned with partnerships between Ardent Health Services, a leading healthcare provider, and two market-leading academic health systems, The University of Texas Health Science Center at Tyler and The University of Kansas Health System.
JLL marketed the properties on behalf of the seller, Ardent Health Services. The portfolio was acquired by a healthcare-focused real estate investment trust.
The medical office portfolio consists of:
- Continental Medical Building, 631 SW Horne St., Topeka, Kansas
- Mulvane Medical Plaza, 634 SW Mulvane St., Topeka, Kansas
- UT Health East Texas Hope Center, 721 Clinic Dr., Tyler, Texas
- Olympic Plaza Tower, 700 Olympic Plaza, Tyler, Texas
- UT Health Rehabilitation Center, 701 Olympic Plaza, Tyler, Texas
- East Lake Professional Building, 1100 E. Lake, Tyler, Texas
- Lake Palestine, 18118 FM 344 W, Flint, Texas
- Medical Plaza I, 117 Medical Circle, Athens, Texas
- Medical Plaza II, 115 Medical Circle, Athens, Texas
- Athens Cancer Institute, 1801 S. Palestine, Athens, Texas
- Lakeland Medical Associates, 170 Municipal Dr., Gun Barrell City, Texas
- UT Health Cedar Creek Lake, 100 Municipal Dr., Gun Barrell City, Texas
- Jacksonville Medical Plaza, 203 Nacogdoches, Jacksonville, Texas
- UT Health East Texas Rehabilitation Clinic – Jacksonville, 414 S. Main St., Jacksonville, Texas
- UT Health East Texas Physicians Rusk, 1325 N. Dickinson Dr., Rusk, Texas
- UT Health East Texas Rehabilitation Clinic – Mineola, 1616 N. Pacific St., Mineola, Texas
- UT Health East Texas Olympic Center Pittsburg, 2801 US Hwy 271 N, Pittsburg, Texas
The properties are fully leased by affiliates of UT Health East Texas and The University of Kansas Health System St. Francis Campus with a wide range of specialty uses, including radiation oncology, cardiology, neurology, orthopedics, urology, OBGYN, imaging, emergency care, family medicine and inpatient rehabilitation. More than 90% of the portfolio is concentrated in on-campus locations with the balance of the properties strategically positioned to support outpatient strategies across the surrounding communities.
The JLL Healthcare Capital Markets team representing the seller was led by Senior Managing Directors Brian Bacharach and Mindy Berman and Vice President Vasili Davos.