St. Louis-based KAI Build has expanded its operations to include a new concrete division providing an array of commercial services ranging from building foundations and vertical concrete to equipment pads, mat slabs and other flatwork.
KAI Build’s director of field operations Steve Kizer will lead the new concrete division in coordination with KAI Build’s general construction operations and field resources. Kizer brings more than 20 years of concrete specialty contractor experience.
The concrete division utilizes a 100 percent union workforce. Recently completed or awarded projects include:
• Maryland Heights Fire Protection District Fire House No. 1
• Every Child’s Hope Youth Development Center
• The Prime Place at Wildwood independent living
• Urban League Plaza in Ferguson, Missouri
• BJC Healthcare equipment pads
• Multiple NorthSide Regeneration projects in North St. Louis
• Columbarium wall at Bloomfield Veterans Cemetery in Bloomfield, Missouri