The Chicago Chapter of the Society of Industrial and Office Realtors recently presented the 13th Annual Chapter Awards in a presentation held at the Society’s luncheon at Café Le Cave in Des Plaines, Illinois. The program was revised to honor the organization’s prestigious Platinum Sponsors and SIOR members who completed transactions within the Chicago Chapter or with a Platinum Sponsor. The Chicago Chapter completed 81 cooperative transactions from 40 members and 14 Platinum Sponsors totaling $688,475,832 in consideration and comprising 5,915,140 square feet as well as 360.4 acres of land.
The awards were created by Joyce Slone, SIOR of Slone Commercial (who has chaired the committee each year) to recognize those SIOR’s and sponsors for their outstanding achievement throughout the year as well as commend those that are committed to helping other SIOR’s reach their goals. The following are the individual awards for achievement in 2014.
• Intra Chapter – Largest number of transactions – David Bercu, SIOR, of Colliers International with 17 transactions.
• Largest Dollar Volume Industrial Building with a Platinum Sponsor – Brendan Kelly, SIOR represented Platinum Sponsor, DP Dermody Properties, Platinum Sponsor for the 662,700 square foot spec building valued at $48,000,000. The site was originally a brownfield site in McCook, IL.
• Largest Dollar Volume Office Transaction – Gregg Witt, SIOR, represented the seller, American College of Chest Physicians, and Michael Flynn, SIOR, represented the buyer, International Sanitary Supply Association for the sale of a 25,677 square foot office building valued at $3,250,000.
• Largest Dollar Volume Transaction, Investment Sale with a Platinum Sponsor– John Huguenard, SIOR and Trevor Ragsdale, SIOR represented Platinum Sponsor, Northern Builders, in the 1,373,973 square foot portfolio sale totaling $90,900,000.
• Largest Dollar Volume Transaction, Redevelopment with a Platinum Sponsor – George Cibula, SIOR, represented the buyer/new lessor, Viorgo, LLC, George Maragos, SIOR, represented Pactiv/new lessee, and Vern Schultz, SIOR, represented Ivex Corp, the past tenant for the 120,000 square foot building in Bridgeview. Platinum Sponsor, Peak Construction handled the design and construction of this 45 year old building to a food grade manufacturing facility.
• Largest Dollar Volume Transaction, Industrial – BTS for Lease, involving two Platinum Sponsors – Duke Realty, Platinum Sponsor was the developer and Keeley Construction was the contractor for the 757,120 square foot lease valued at $44,000,000 to Weber Grill.
• Largest Dollar Volume Transaction – International with a Platinum Sponsor– John Huguenard, SIOR, represented IDI Gazeley, in the Atlanta, GA office for the 35 building portfolio valued at $301,721,476 in 4 cities in Mexico.
• Largest Dollar Volume Land Transaction with a Platinum Sponsor – Elise Couston, SIOR, represented the Platinum Sponsor, Liberty Property Trust for the 53 acre sale valued at $10,635,000 in Minooka, IL.
• Most Transactions Completed by a Platinum Sponsor with Chicago SIOR members – Prologis with 51 transactions, totaling $165,527,496 with 25 members.