Alberici Corporation, Byrne & Jones Construction and Central Building & Preservation, L.P. have jointly acquired the assets of St. Louis construction firm Leonard Masonry, Inc. Terms of the acquisition were not disclosed.
Founded in 1959 by Donald Leonard, the two-generation, family-owned company grew to become one of the largest masonry contractors in St. Louis, focusing on new construction.
“With an infusion of capital from the new ownership group, we are excited to broaden Leonard Masonry’s exquisite craftsmanship in new construction and introduce its skills to masonry restoration and preservation in the built environment,” said John Heitert, who serves as general manager of Leonard Masonry. Heitert was formerly a project manager and corporate equipment manager at Alberici.
Heitert is joining long standing Leonard Masonry leadership – Kenneth Westhoff and Ken Booth. Westhoff is the former Leonard Masonry, Inc. president and has been with the company for more than 22 years. He serves as chief estimator. Booth joined the firm in 1999 and will remain field operations manager, a position he’s held since 2004.
Under the new ownership, Leonard Masonry will retain its name and its headquarters at 5925 Fee Fee Road. The firm employs 40 people, but will add additional employees as it grows its new construction and restoration practice with a goal of employing up to 80 people. The new ownership group hopes to double annual revenues to about $10 million over the next 12 months.
Among Leonard Masonry’s many landmark projects are the St. Louis Missouri Temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, the BMO Harris Bank Building in Des Peres, the Boeing Leadership Center chateau in Florissant, Missouri, and The Dome at America’s Center, which included $7.8 million in masonry alone.