The Cordish Companies and Power & Light District recently announced the grand opening of Three Light Luxury Apartments in Kansas City, Missouri.
Team members from The Cordish Companies and Power & Light District were joined by Mayor Quinton Lucas, City Manager Brian Platt, city officials and distinguished guests from the City of Kansas City to celebrate the opening of the brand-new addition to Kansas City’s skyline.
A landmark tower of gleaming glass, Three Light joins its sister properties, One Light and Two Light – both 97% occupied, as the next phase of luxury living in the Power & Light District.With its own distinctive take on an immersive downtown Kansas City lifestyle that offers convenience and walkability, Three Light sits steps away from the legendary Midland Theatre, Cosentino’s Downtown Market, Kansas City Live!, T-Mobile Center, Genesis Health Clubs, KC Streetcar line, dozens of restaurants, shops and entertainment venues, cultural destinations like the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts, and forthcoming South Loop Link Park over I-670.
Since the opening of the nine-city block Power & Light District, which is celebrating its 15th anniversary this year, downtown Kansas City has garnered national attention for its urban renaissance. The transformation has included more than $9.7 billion in public and private investment over the last 15 years, with more than 12,111 new apartment units and 5,326 new or renovated hotel rooms, as well as the KC Streetcar line. The Power & Light District, developed by The Cordish Companies, is the most visited destination in the state of Missouri welcoming over 10 million visitors per year.
For nearly two decades, The Cordish Companies has invested in downtown Kansas City, both new construction projects and the restoration of historic buildings including the B&B Theatre and a two-year, multi-million dollar renovation of the Midland Theatre, which first opened its doors in 1927. Earlier this summer, Cordish commenced construction on Midland Lofts, the transformation of the historic Midland Office Building – an underutilized jewel that has been vacant for more than 20 years – to 135 loft apartments. Upon completion in May 2024, Cordish will have added over 1,000 new residences to downtown KC since One Light’s opening in 2015.
A Signature Luxury Living Experience
Located at the corner of Truman Road and Main Street, the new 25-story, 288-unit building includes a seven-story parking garage with 472 spaces, as well as 7,600 square feet of ground-level retail space. With units starting at $1,350/month, there is a wide variety of unit sizes and floorplans including spacious studio apartments, one- and two-bedroom units, and designer penthouse apartment homes. Units boast floor-to-ceiling windows with inspiring city views, gourmet kitchens, premium stainless-steel appliances, luxury quartz countertops, full-size washers and dryers, and private balconies in select residences.
Three Light offers residents over 30,000 square feet of resort-style amenity space and expertly curated concierge services on par with any apartment or condo building in the country. Amenities include:
- An expansive eighth-floor outdoor terrace featuring an infinity-edge pool overlooking 14th street
- Clubroom featuring a full-service resident bar and fireplace
- Indoor-outdoor party room
- Demonstration and entertainment kitchen
- State-of-the-art jazz-inspired theater room experience
- Game room featuring plush seating, cozy fireplaces, a billiards table, and multiple televisions to entertain or relax
- Pet-inclusive community including dog washing stations, dog walking, grooming and away-from-home services
- Business center and conference room
- A variety of coworking spaces
- Fitness center
- Infrared sauna
- Valet dry cleaning and laundry services
- Controlled-access building, including parking garage
- 24-hour lobby attendant and personal concierge services, including VIP access to events and venues in the Power & Light District and around Kansas City
A Celebration of Kansas City’s Vibrant Musical Legacy
Three Light celebrates Kansas City’s vibrant musical heritage and its dynamic present day, honoring the city’s rich musical legacy with visual salutes to Kansas City jazz legends Count Basie and Charlie “Bird” Parker. All throughout the building, memorable pieces pay tribute to Basie and Bird, with a white-to-black gradient that evokes Basie’s piano keys, while brass tones conjure Parker’s saxophone.
Murals on the exterior of the building include:
- A large jazz-themed mural that was originally painted for the District in 2008 has been recreated on the North side of Three Light as it was covered up during construction. To ensure it had a new home, the District hired local artist Alexander Austin to bring it back to life in its new location. Charlie (Bird) Parker, Mary Lou Williams, Count Basie and some of KC`s most renowned landmarks and architectures were carefully executed to ensure the attractive representation of some of the great people and achievements that are part of the history of Kansas City.
- In addition to the mural on the north side of Three Light, a second mural on the south side of the building was also unveiled this week with the lyrics to “Kansas City.”
“Three Light is a sign of continued growth and positive energy in downtown Kansas City,” said John Moncke, President of the Power & Light District. “We are welcoming hundreds of additional new residents with this opening, bringing the total number of new apartment homes in the District to nearly 1,000 since One Light opened a few short years ago. For the past 15 years, we’ve invested in building a world-class community that celebrates Kansas City’s rich history and vibrant present day. We look forward to continuing our commitment to expand our residential offerings, retail tenants, and entertainment options in the Power & Light District in the years to come.”
Throughout the month of September to celebrate the opening of Three Light, the Power & Light District is partnering with KC Pet Project – the nonprofit organization operating the KC Campus for Animal Care, Kansas City, Missouri’s animal shelter – to reimburse adoption fees and waive pet fees for residents at One Light, Two Light and Three Light. Throughout the month, any current resident who adopts through KC Pet Project will receive a credit for the amount of their adoption fee, up to $150, and a waived pet fee.