Transwestern recently brokered six industrial transactions totaling 225,750 square feet in Chicago’s western suburbs. The deals include four leases and two sales and range in size from 26,000 to 58,000 square feet.
The lease transactions include the following properties:
- Century Tile leased 58,000 square feet at 280 Madsen Drive in Bloomingdale, Illinois. Transwestern’s Justin Lerner and Joe Karmin represented the tenant.
- Yingliu Casting leased 37,750 square feet at 901 N. DuPage Ave. in Lombard, Illinois. Transwestern’s Joe Karmin and Justin Lerner represented the owner, Venture One Real Estate.
- Swanson Flo-Systems leased 28,000 square feet at 775 Belden Ave. in Addison, Illinois. Transwestern’s Joe Karmin and Justin Lerner represented the tenant.
- Leggett & Platt subleased 26,000 square feet at 501 Airport Road in North Aurora, Illinois. Transwestern’s Michael Marconi, Joe Karmin and Justin Lerner represented the sublessor, GreenSeed Contract Packaging.
Transwestern also brokered the following sale transactions:
- Packsmart Inc. acquired 1000 Atlantic Drive in West Chicago, Illinois. Transwestern’s Michael Marconi and Joe Karmin represented the buyer and a private seller of the 40,000-square-foot property.
- A private investor acquired 707 Kautz Road in St. Charles, Illinois. Transwestern’s Michael Marconi represented the buyer in the purchase of the 36,000-square-foot facility.
Transwestern reported in its first-quarter 2016 market analysis that vacancy in west suburban submarkets decreased to 4.90 percent from 5.12 percent in the previous quarter, underscoring robust activity. At the same time, 3.96 million square feet of new construction in those submarkets was announced.