Brown Commercial Group closes over 30,000 SF of industrial transactions October 15, 2019 Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on LinkedIn Share via email Brown Commercial Group recently completed industrial transactions totaling 30,773 square feet throughout Chicago’s western suburbs. Brown Commercial Group broker, Maria McNeil, represented KENT Industrial Corp. in purchasing a 12,498-square-foot building at 1630 Shanahan Drive in South Elgin, Illinois. The buyer is a global machine tool distributor based in Taiwan that is expanding its U.S. operations. Steve Morken of Morken and Associates represented the building seller. “There is a limited supply of smaller industrial buildings in Chicago’s suburban market, which creates challenges for businesses as they look to expand their operations,” said Dan Brown, principal and president at Brown Commercial Group. “We were able to find a well-located space with the right requirements for helping this business grow.” Elsewhere, McNeil and Brown Commercial Group broker, Brian Lindgren, represented SCP Paving Co. in leasing 6,750 square feet at 1743 E. Wilson Street in Batavia, Illinois. Brown Commercial Group partner, Mike Antonelli, represented the building owner, a private investor. Lindgren also represented Midwest Auto Place Inc. in its lease of 3,775 square feet at 1765 Cortland Court, Unit L, in Addison, Illinois. The tenant was expanding from its Elgin location. Avison Young’s Marty Mikaitis represented the building owner, Cortland Court LLC. Other transactions included Brown Commercial Group partner, Trinity Scurto, representing Electronic Design Consultancy Inc. in its purchase of 3,000 square feet at 644 Pratt Avenue, Unit A in Schaumburg, Illinois; Lee & Associates’ Rick Anesi represented the seller. In Franklin Park, Illinois, broker Candace Scurto represented Martin Rock Interiors Inc. in its 2,550-square-foot purchase of 9331 Schiller Boulevard while in Elgin, Illinois, Lindgren represented both the tenant and owner, a private investor, in Treehouse Media’s lease of 2,200 square feet at 941 S. McLean Boulevard.