The Chicago Chapter of the Society of Industrial and Office Realtors recently presented the Ninth Annual Chapter Awards in a presentation held at the Society’s luncheon at the Rosewood Restaurant in Rosemont, Ill.
The Chicago Chapter completed 92 cooperative transactions from 49 members and 6 Platinum Sponsors totaling $360,499,439 in consideration and comprising 12,619,726 square feet and 57.3 acres of land.
The awards were developed to recognize those SIOR’s and sponsors for their outstanding achievement throughout the year as well as commend those that are committed to helping other SIOR’s reach their goals. The following are the individual awards for achievement in 2010.
- Inter Chapter – Largest number of transactions – (Chapter overall – 32 transactions totaling $175,974,868) Individually: Lynn Reich, SIOR, CCIM, FRICS for industrial with 8 transactions
- Intra Chapter – Largest number of transactions – (Chapter overall – 60 transactions totaling $184,524,571) Individually: Steve Podolsky, SIOR for industrial with 20 transactions and Randy Podolsky, SIOR for industrial with 20 transactions.
*Honorable mention: Ron Behm, SIOR, for industrial with 8 transactions. Ron has previously won the last six years.
- Largest Dollar Volume Industrial Transaction with One Platinum Sponsor– John Cash, SIOR who represented Platinum Sponsor, ProLogis and Jason West, SIOR who represented Keystone Automotive for the 213,096 SF building lease valued at $7,333,819 in Alsip, IL.
- Largest Dollar Volume Industrial Transaction – Chris Porter, SIOR for the 989,000 SF Build to Suit for Kraft Foods totaling $53,000,000 in Atlanta, GA. Ray Stache, SIOR from Atlanta was the cooperating broker.
- Largest Dollar Volume Office Transaction – David Burden, SIOR and Bill Fausone, SIOR who represented Allstate Insurance Company and Kevin Clifton, SIOR who represented Lincoln National Life Insurance Co. for the 400,000 SF sale of a building valued at $9,000,000
- Largest Dollar Volume Investment Transaction – Mark Goode, SIOR and Roy Splansky, SIOR who represented Clayco for the portfolio sale of 1,153,434 SF totaling $68,773,214. John R. DeGrinis, SIOR with Colliers in Encino, CA also participated in this sale.
- Most Transactions Completed by a Platinum Sponsor with Chicago SIOR members – (Chapter Overall – 36 transactions totaling $36, 359, 952 with 22 members) Individually: KTR with 18 transactions
* Honorable Mention: ProLogis with 14 transactions. ProLogis previously won this award six years in a row.