Lofts@Euclid, a new 87-unit loft apartment building is officially open at the corner of Euclid and Delmar in the Central West End of St. Louis, Missouri.
The project consisted of a complete renovation of the historic Langan and Taylor Company building, which was originally designed by Widman and Walsh, the architects responsible for St. Louis landmarks such as the Anheuser-Busch brewhouse complex and St. Louis University.
The building, constructed in 1910, is one of the largest commercial buildings remaining in the Central West End historic district. It holds significance as an early example of poured concrete structural framing and curtain wall construction.
A grand opening was held Oct. 6, which featured remarks from J.P. Johnson, Assistant to Mayor Slay, Jim Dwyer, Central West End Association Planning and Development Chair, Carolyn Compton, Central West End Association Vice President, and Christopher M. West, Partner and Chief Operating Officer for Cullinan Properties, followed by a champagne toast and celebration on the rooftop deck featuring food and refreshments from neighborhood restaurants.
Residents began occupying the Lofts@Euclid in June as the first two floors of the six-story building were completed. Additional floors, along with many of the building’s amenities such as the Fitness Center, rooftop deck and clubhouse area were completed early September. The final units are now coming on line and ready for occupancy. The building is approximately 70 percent leased.