William Blair & Company has executed a lease to move its world headquarters to 150 N. Riverside, becoming the building’s anchor tenant. The building along the riverfront is being developed by O’Donnell Investment Company in partnership with Wanxiang America Real Estate Group. William Blair’s 318,000-square-foot lease will commence in the third quarter of 2017.
William Blair, a global investment banking and asset management firm with more than 1,100 employees in offices across five continents, has had its headquarters in Chicago since the firm’s founding in 1935. In December, William Blair announced a signed letter of commitment to relocate to 150 N. Riverside.
150 N. Riverside is a 1.2 million-square-foot development located on the west bank of the Chicago River between Randolph and Lake streets at the confluence of the three branches of the Chicago River. Construction is scheduled to start in July 2014, with delivery to market in fourth quarter of 2016.
The development’s design rises from a central core element allowing for extensive public open spaces at its base. The building will be LEED Gold pre-certified featuring a green roof, one acre public park, riverside amphitheater and heavily landscaped riverwalk. The building is designed to accommodate the trend toward higher densities for office users by utilizing highly efficient floor plans and substantial common conference facilities.
The architect on 150 N. Riverside is Goettsch Partners.