Kiser Group’s Birk | Sklar team brokered 724 E. 50th Pl. a six-unit property in Chicago’s Washington Park neighborhood sold for $1,225,000. At nearly $205,000 a unit, this is a new record price for the neighborhood. The team is still on pace to have its most active year with brokering 685 units across 42 apartment buildings across Chicago’s south and west sides. “We’re continuing to see record-breaking prices throughout the southside of Chicago. This Washington Park deal is not only the highest price-per-door for the area, but also the surrounding neighborhoods,” said Birk. “Capital is available and interest rates are low resulting in surging demand for investors seeking high cap rate deals.”
Recent closings include:
- 8201 S. Michigan Ave. a 30 unit multifamily property in the Chatham neighborhood of Chicago sold for $2,500,000
- 8222 S. King Dr., a 21-unit multifamily property in the Chatham neighborhood of Chicago sold for $1,029,000
- 539 E. 46th Pl., a seven-unit multifamily property in the Grand Boulevard neighborhood of Chicago sold for $1,025,000
- 5000 W. Monroe, a 15-unit multifamily property in the South Austin neighborhood of Chicago sold for $1,020,000
- 8039 S. King, a 17-unit multifamily property in the Chatham neighborhood of Chicago sold for $833,000
Noah Birk and Aaron Sklar were also recently named Finalists for the 2021 Illinois Real Estate Journal Awards in the categories of Emerging Leader of the Year and Broker of the Year. At the award ceremony, Aaron Sklar received the Broker of the Year award. “Our team has the most active presence throughout the southside of Chicago, and it is an honor to take home Broker of the Year for all of Illinois,” said Sklar. “We’ve been closing more than a deal a week all year, and the momentum is only increasing for appreciating and cash flowing properties like the ones you can find on the south and west side of Chicago.” Kiser Group’s Birk | Sklar team includes Noah Birk, Aaron Sklar, Jack Petrando, Austin Parker, Justin Turner, Michael Yangas and Ben Goldman.