Liberty Property Trust has signed four new leases and renewed three more at properties in Aurora, North Aurora and Batavia during the first five months of the year. The seven agreements bring the company’s 4.4 million square foot portfolio in the submarket to 100 percent occupancy.
“Aurora and the surrounding communities are seeing a significant rebound in their industrial vacancy rates due to significantly increased demand and lack of Class A industrial product along I-88 and also in Central DuPage,” said Neal Driscoll, vice president of leasing and development for Liberty in the Illinois region.
The four new leases include:
- JBS Warehousing Inc. has leased 147,818 square feet at 999 Bilter Road, Aurora. NAI Hiffman. Liberty was represented by Colliers International.
- Menlo Logistics Inc. has leased 107,800 square feet at 1070 Swanson Drive, Batavia. CBRE. The tenant was represented by CBRE and Transportation Property Company and Liberty was represented by Lee and Associates.
- MMD Logistics Inc. has signed a new lease for 26,220 square feet at 501 Airport Road, Tollway Park of Commerce in North Aurora. The tenant was represented by Newmark Knight Frank Epic; Liberty was represented by NAI Hiffman.
- Greenseed Contract Packaging has leased 54,375 square feet at 501 Airport Road in North Aurora. Newmark Knight Frank Epic. Liberty was represented by NAI Hiffman.
The three renewals include:
- LTD Commodities LLC, has renewed 694,367 square feet of space at 1000 Bilter Road in Liberty Business Center Aurora. The parties represented their own interests.
- UTi Integrated Logistics LLC has renewed 592,539 square feet of space at 800 Bilter Road in Liberty Business Center Aurora. The tenant was represented by Lee & Associates. Liberty was represented by Colliers International.
- Houston Wire & Cable Company, which has renewed 86,705 square feet of space at 2453 Prospect Drive in Butterfield Distribution Center. The tenant was represented by Cushman & Wakefield.